Choosing Between Pre-Sale & Inventory Homes: What’s Right for You?October 16th, 2023 | by Tia Lloyd | Posted in Uncategorized
Are you in the market for a new home? One of the first decisions you’ll need to make is whether to buy a pre-sale home or an inventory home. Each option has its own set of advantages and considerations, and finding the right fit depends on your preferences, needs, and timeline. In this blog, we’ll explore the pros and cons of both pre-sale and inventory homes to help you make an informed decision.
Pre-Sale Homes: Customize Your Dream Home
2. Tailored to Your Tastes: You have the freedom to choose finishes and features that match your preferences, resulting in a home that truly reflects your style.
3. A Future Vision: When you purchase a pre-sale home, you are buying into a vision of your future, watching it come to life from the ground up.
1. Timeline: A pre-sale home will take a bit longer to move in since we start from the VERY beginning. Inventory homes have already been planned out by our team and are in the construction process already.
2. Price Fluctuations: The final price of your customized home can vary based on your selections.
3. Decision Overload: While we keep our selections options down fairly low, some buyers may find the abundance of customization choices overwhelming.
Inventory Homes: Ready for Immediate Occupancy
1. Quick Move-In: Inventory homes are already under construction, allowing you to move in sooner.
2. No Decision Fatigue: With an inventory home, Kartchner Homes has already selected the finishes and features, saving you from making numerous decisions.
3. Clear Pricing: You know the final price upfront, with no surprises based on customization choices.
1. Limited Customization: Because the home is already in the process of being built, inventory homes don’t offer the same level of customization as pre-sale homes, which will limit your ability to tailor the home to your preferences.
2. Less Personalization: The home’s finishes and features may not align perfectly with your individual taste and style.
3. Availability: Inventory homes are subject to availability, so you may have fewer options to choose from in terms of location and features.
How to Decide:
1. Timeline: Consider your move-in timeline. If you need to relocate quickly, an inventory home may be the better choice.
2. Customization: Determine how important customization is to you. If you have specific preferences, a pre-sale home offers more flexibility.
3. Budget: Evaluate your budget and whether you’re comfortable with the price of an inventory home or willing to invest in customization.
4. Decision-Making: Think about your tolerance for making design decisions. Some buyers prefer the convenience of inventory homes to avoid decision fatigue.
5. Location: Consider the location and lot options available for both pre-sale and inventory homes.
Whether you choose a pre-sale home, with the freedom to customize every detail, or an inventory home, ready for quick occupancy, Kartchner Homes offers a range of options to suit your needs and preferences. Our experienced team is here to guide you through the process and help you find the perfect home to meet your goals.